The Alliance of Digital Humanities Organizations (ADHO) organizes an annual conference for the benefit of its members and for the advancement of research and scholarship in the variety of disciplines and professions they represent. ADHO works actively toward the creation of a more diverse, welcoming, and inclusive global community of digital humanities scholars and practitioners, and is therefore dedicated to the creation of a safe, respectful, and collegial conference experience for all attendees.
Open, critically-engaged, and often challenging discourse is expected to flourish at ADHO conferences. Participants are encouraged to respect and celebrate cultural and linguistic differences, and to be mindful of the international nature of our community in preparing presentations and engaging in conversation. There is no place at ADHO meetings for harassment or intimidation based on race, religion, ethnicity, language, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, physical or cognitive ability, age, appearance, or other group status. Unsolicited physical contact, unwelcome sexual attention, and bullying behavior are likewise unacceptable.
Conference organizers are listed in the program and can be identified by their name badges. In the event a participant has been made to feel unsafe or unwelcome at an ADHO event, they are always available to assist. Please see below for further information.
Primary contact phone number during the meeting (5-11th of July 2014): +41216922544
Police: 117 Fire: 118 Ambulance: 144
Campus security: 115
Police official website: http://www.lausanne.ch/police
Ombudsman service of the University of Lausanne and of the EPFL: EPFL, CM 0351, Station 10, CH-1015 Lausanne Université de Lausanne, Unicentre, office 227, CH-1015 Lausanne
Mediator for Unil and EPFL
021 692 22 22 (Unil); 021 693 02 84 (EPFL); 079 541 89 18 (Unil and EPFL)
[email protected]; contact[email protected] Information Unil and EPFL: http://helpme.epfl.ch/page-37962-en.html
- Chair of the ADHO Steering Committee: Neil Fraistat, University of Maryland; [email protected]
- Coordinator, ADHO Inclusivity Working Group: Bethany Nowviskie: [email protected]
- PC Chair of DH 2014: Melissa Terras, UCL, London: [email protected]
- Local co-organizors of DH 2014: Claire Clivaz, University of Lausanne: [email protected]; Frédéric Kaplan, EPFL: [email protected] with the collaboration of Kevin Baumer, event coordinator: [email protected]
- PC committee (ADHO): John Bradley (EADH), Jieh Hsiang (Centernet), Jane Hunter (aaDH); Aimée Morrison (CSDH/SCHN), Dan O’Donnell (CSDH/SCHN); Sarah Potvin (Centernet), James Smithies (aaDH), Takafumi Suzuki (JADH), Tomoji Tabata (EADH), Toru Tomabechi (JADH), Glen Worthey (ACH), Vika Zafrin (ACH); outgoing chair: Bethany Nowviskie (ACH)
- Local committee: Karl Aberer (EPFL), Jeannette Frey (BCU, Unil), Benoît Garbinato (Unil), Philippe Kaenel (Unil), Isabelle Kratz (EPFL), Enrico Natale (Infoclio, Berne), Lukas Rosenthaler (Unibas), Süsstrunk Sabine (EPFL), Michael Stolz (Unibe), François Vallotton (Unil), Boris Vejdovsky (Unil), Dominique Vinck (Unil)